Looking to join an innovative and high-growth company run by a recognized and successful team of co-founders and executives? Well, it’s an exciting time to join Curbio, a Real Estate Tech company founded in 2017 to transform the multi-billion dollar home improvement and residential real estate market. We help homeowners renovate before they sell, to make more money, while deferring all costs until closing. Curbio currently operates in eight major markets around the country, with plans to expand to 25 by the end of next year. We are completely re-inventing the archaic home renovation experience, using our proprietary technology platform to simplify proposals, shortens project timelines and provide real-time project updates.
Curbio fosters a creative and supportive work environment that encourages our staff to reach and surpass their full potential. We believe that unity of goals and diversity of people is a powerful combination. We believe that personal responsibility almost always outperforms corporate policies. Our team is focused, driven and inventive.
We won’t bore you with our amazing benefits (they are). But If you’re looking for challenging work, recognition of achievement and career development this might be the place for you. If you want to work with a management team that’s been there, done that, doing it again—this is definitely the right place for you.
Join Curbio today and help us re-invent the way Realtors and homeowners sell homes and make money!
At Curbio you will:
- Report to the Chief Financial Officer and perform work to examine and file second mortgages on residential real estate, prepare contracts, record and release deeds and update internal project tracking system.
- Develop and refine legal strategy related to the day-to-day execution of contracts, deeds, contractor licensing, business licensing, legal disputes and other legal matters and also manage a team as the company grows.
- Work on other corporate matters and potentially move into an associate general counsel role.
- Maintain myriad state-specific versions of home improvement contract and lien templates.
- Perform title and lien searches using local court and land databases and other online resources or a service providing similar searches.
- Examine title, lien and legal documents, prepare contracts, record and release deeds and update internal project tracking system.
- Modify contract documents based on deal-specific negotiations by sales team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with outside counsel in each market to ensure that contract and lien templates remain in compliance with state and local laws.
- Obtain certificates of authority to do business in myriad states and counties.
- Obtain and maintain company’s business and contractor licenses in each market.
- Work with outside counsel in each market on collections, including potential litigation and foreclosure.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience at a relevant law firm. Corporate experience a plus.
- Direct experience in residential settlements.
- Experience in home improvement contracts a plus.